DIGIDA MUSIC SUBMISSION POLICY
Policy Regarding Music Submissions and Programmer Access
If youre reading this page, you are probably a musician, band or a recording company.
Digida fm DOES accept unsolicited submissions.
1. Programming decisions and music selections for digidafm station are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
2. Programming decisions and music selections for digidafm is made at the local station level. Digidafm does not maintain corporate playlists. Accordingly, music should be submitted directly to our station for consideration. Materials should be sent either to the attention of Program Director, digidafm. Digidafm station accepts new music submissions via CD, peripheral disks and emails. Although mp3 files and other forms of electronic media may also be accepted at certain times, considerations such as email server space, virus scanning software, and hardware limitations may negatively impact Digidafms ability to accept music submissions through these alternative means. Accordingly, Digidafm suggests submission of music via CD when possible.
3. Music submitted must be of broadcast quality.
4. Music submitted must be properly edited for broadcast, including the exclusion of defamatory, profane, indecent or obscene material.
5. Music submitted will not be returned.
6. Digidafm does not sell or barter access to its programmers.
7. Set forth below is a list of individuals at Digidafm station primarily responsible for considering music for potential airplay. Many of these individuals have established specific dates and times for dealing with artists and labels. Artists and labels are encouraged to respect those windows. Please be aware that our programmers have many competing demands on their time and thus may not be able to return all calls or respond to all correspondence, particularly within time periods artists or labels might desire.
8. All CD and email submissions become the physical property of the radio station.
This DOES NOT guarantee that we will play them. We receive a significant number of music submissions every week from major labels, major independents, self-publishers and the like. In other words, we get a lot of music. Therefore, it is impossible to add ever Music Submission received to the station’s playlist.
In order to ensure that your music is reviewed, please follow these guidelines.
1. Our primary format is variety, where we concentrate on danceable, feel good music focused on youths & adults.
Preferred format for music submissions:
i) The music must be of professional quality and be commercially available. Links to high-quality electronic files
(.wav or 256 kbps 44.1 khz better mp3).
ii) Emailed minimum 128 kbps 44.1 khz mp3’s for review. If we like it, we will request a higher-quality file.
We are unable to broadcast mp3 files less than 256 kbps 44.1 khz sampling rate because the sound quality degrades and is unacceptable on our digital audio streams.
iii) Do not organize a telephone request campaign. This will not influence the decision of the programming staff.
MUSIC NOT CONSIDERED:
We do not consider and do not air music that has explicit language,
not commercially available for purchase, or those who do not follow the above instructions.
All Music that is submitted MUST BE EDITED AND RADIO READY. THIS SHOULD INCLUDE all required ARTIST CONTACT INFORMATION before it can be reviewed to be placed on the air.
Thank you in advance for your submission. There is no guarantee made of receiving airplay. No acknowledgement of your submission is guaranteed.
“You’re welcome…..thnx mngt”