About Digida FM “miziki gyetukoona”
106.5 Digida FM is Uganda’s latest and hottest dance hit station that has quickly become the favorite and preferred FM radio station for urban Youth in and around Kampala. With the best DJs in Uganda and the best comedy talent behind the microphone, fused with interesting characters both on and off air, Digida FM has the best team anywhere in radio that appeals to its core target that is between 18 and 35 years of age.
To be the leading Luganda youth radio station in Uganda.
106.5 Digida FM, we work hard, play hard and always have the courage to do it differently. We want to be the best at everything we do.
At 106.5 Digida FM, we strive to build a strong, passionate, obsessive, healthy and happy youth through provision of relevant information and keeping them elated with Hottest Music in a style they love.
- To supply quality radio entertainment to the youth with an emphasis on local music and lifestyle
- To fill the current void in the Ugandan radio industry for content that the Ugandan urban, peri-urban youth can identify with
- To support and promote talent from within the region by creating awareness for music that isn’t embraced by the mainstream.
It’s well documented that Uganda has a young population of well over 70% below 35 years. These are young, vibrant, trendy, high-energy listeners that form the present and future of this country. Cognizant of that fact, several radios and newspapers have sprung up. Most of them are delivering in English and, all Luganda stations have been targeting older and lower market segments. 106.5 Digida FM came to fill this gap, delivering relevant content to the urban youth that are learned, have “swag” but prefer to speak Luganda. The style of delivery has endeared us to this market segment, making us the No.1 station.
Our listeners are from a variety of backgrounds, including; students, wives, husbands, parents, professionals, young managers, shop owners and entrepreneurs. They’re the kind of people who, squeeze the most out of life; enjoy shopping, going out, having fun and spending time with their friends and family as they listen to their favorite station 106.5 Digida FM. They are between 18 and 35 years of age (and those older but still act young), educated, earning at least above shs300, 000 to over shs1M a month and plain outgoing extroverts that love life. And they are the core of 106.5 Digida FM – hence provides the advertisers value for money. Listeners connect with Digida FM because it relates with their day to day life and emotions.
106.5 Digida FM entertains and relates with the core urban audience by not only playing the hits songs but breaks them, too. This makes it Uganda’s first Urban Luganda youth FM station.
106.5 Digida FM reaches over 6 million people in a 90Km radius around the business heart of Uganda – Kampala, Entebbe, Mpigi, Entebbe, Jinja, Wakiso, Luwero and several others. Those outside of our radius can listen in by stream us on. Our website is www.digidafm.com First and foremost, 106.5Digida FM listeners tune in for our brand style of hot music and fun. They’re a mainstream early majority audience and will always be among the first to know about the latest hit music. At 106.5Digida FM, we emphasize ‘more music variety’ and that explains why we are loved. Our listener will have their favorite songs played all day long.
Language of delivery:
We are fully aware that a new language has evolved on the streets of all urban centers and their suburbs. It’s a mix of Luganda and English. It’s what is used on streets, saloons, restaurants and shows among others. In addition to music, which is a universal language (we play 60% Ugandan and 40% international), 106.5Digida FM communicates in Luganda (70%) and street English (30%).
We are the most exciting thing to happen to Ugandan entertainment. Here are five elements that uniquely differentiate Digida FM;
1. More music, less talk Expressed in our tagline and promise, Miziki Gyetukoona, we are your one stop for all the best music and less talk. Indeed music is our way of thinking.
2. More local talent, we fill the current void in the Ugandan radio industry for content that the Ugandan urban, peri-urban youth can identify with.
3. More non-stop mixes just by the station name Digida FM, which means care-free partying, it is easy to know what to expect by tuning in to 106.5 Digida Fm. Hit after hit, great mixes and of course, professional DJs who let the music do the talking.
4. We understand what you want; we believe that music is the most powerful expression of identity and culture. We also believe that as an evolving African society, music is what will keep us true to ourselves. We remain dedicated to supplying the youth with the local sounds they desire and need.
5. Life will always give you a reason to sulk, but we give you a reason to DIGIDA FM! We aim to keep our listeners pumped up and motivated all throughout the day, every day.