Who we are
We proudly take this opportunity to introduce to you 106.5 Digida FM a radio station that has come to improve radio satisfaction in Uganda by bridging those gaps left behind by the pioneer stations. We are a registered station positioned to fill the audience gap of urban Luganda speaking youth who didn't have one station to play youthful music in the dominant local language. Coverage Broadcasting on 106.5 FM, the station reaches Central and greater Kampala with a signal radius of 120 Sq miles beyond the city.
Age group: 18-30. They are trendy and urban, but not at the expense of their roots. This demographic is self conscious and can access most of the products advertised in media today.
To be the leading Luganda youth station in Uganda.
- To supply quality radio entertainment to the youth with an emphasis on local music and lifestyle
- To fill the current void in the Ugandan radio industry for content that the Ugandan urban, peri-urban youth can identify with
- To support and promote talent from within the region by creating awareness for music that isn't embraced by the mainstream
We remain dedicated to supplying the youth with the local sounds they desire and need. Our consistent dedication to the growth of the industry is what will make us the leading Luganda youth station in Uganda.
We are the most exciting thing to happen to Ugandan entertainment. Here are five elements that uniquely differentiate Digida:
1. More music, less talk Expressed in our tagline and promise, Miziki Gyetukoona, we are your one stop for all things music and less talk. Indeed music is our way of thinking.
2. More local talent We fill the current void in the Ugandan radio industry for content that the Ugandan urban, peri-urban youth can identify with.
3. More non-stop mixes Just by the station name, Digida, which means care-free partying it is easy to know what to expect by tuning in to 106.5 Fm. Hit after hit, great mixes and of course, professional DJs who let the music do the talking.
4. We understand what you want We believe that music is the most powerful expression of identity and culture. We also believe that as an evolving African society, music is what will keep us true to ourselves. We remain dedicated to supplying the youth with the local sounds they desire and need.
5. Life will always give you a reason to sulk, but we give you a reason to DIGIDA! We aim to keep our listeners pumped up and motivated all throughout the day, every day